Choose your financial and legal planning tools

Your financial and legal planning tool box infographic

Life is unpredictable. At some point, illness or accident or age-related impairment may strike. Suddenly, you’re incapable of handling your affairs. How will your money be managed? How will bills get paid? Fortunately, there are tools you can put in place now in case you cannot manage your financial affairs and legal matters down the road. With each, we invite you to ask: Is this a good solution for me?

Common questions

Who can help

  • This information applies to British Columbia, Canada
  • Reviewed for legal accuracy in May 2019
  • Time to read: 13 minutes

Reviewed for legal accuracy by

Kevin Smith, Retired lawyer and consultant

Kevin Smith

Also on this topic

Still not sure what to do?

If you're looking for advice specific to your situation, there are options for free or low-cost help.

Options for legal help

We are grateful to work on the unceded traditional territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish) and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations, whose Peoples continue to live on and care for these lands.