Living in a mobile home park: Are you a tenant?

Myth or fact?

A manufactured home park tenancy agreement needs to be in writing to be valid.
  • Myth
  • Fact

If you live in a mobile home park, it’s important to know your legal rights. That way, if things go wrong, you’ll know what options you have. The starting point in determining your rights is understanding your rental situation.

Figure out which laws apply to you

What you should know

Factors to consider

Take action

If you are in a manufactured home tenancy, learn your rights and how to work out problems.

  • This information applies to British Columbia, Canada
  • Reviewed for legal accuracy in March 2021
  • Time to read: 7 minutes

Reviewed for legal accuracy by

Michael Drouillard

Michael Drouillard

Also on this topic

Still not sure what to do?

If you're looking for advice specific to your situation, there are options for free or low-cost help.

Options for legal help

We are grateful to work on the unceded traditional territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish) and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations, whose Peoples continue to live on and care for these lands.