Change or end a standard representation agreement

Myth or fact?

My daughter told me she no longer wants me to be her representative. But I've cared for her all her life. I don't have to listen to her.
  • Myth
  • Fact

With a standard representation agreement, you can name someone to make certain decisions for you. Learn about your rights and options for changing or ending one. 

What you should know

Change the agreement

End the agreement

Common questions

Who can help

  • This information applies to British Columbia, Canada
  • Reviewed for legal accuracy in June 2019
  • Time to read: 7 minutes

Reviewed for legal accuracy by

Kevin Smith, Retired lawyer and consultant

Kevin Smith

Also on this topic

Still not sure what to do?

If you're looking for advice specific to your situation, there are options for free or low-cost help.

Options for legal help

We are grateful to work on the unceded traditional territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish) and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations, whose Peoples continue to live on and care for these lands.