Trevor Thomas is an employment lawyer with Ascent Employment Law. Trevor combines fresh ideas with solid legal advice, appealing to employers and employees who are seeking innovation and change management. An engaging speaker and respected writer, Trevor is often asked to share his legal expertise at community and professional events. He is the editor of the employment law section of Clicklaw's Legal Help for British Columbians.
Trevor has contributed to
- Applying for employment insurance
- Are you an independent contractor?
- As a domestic worker, am I entitled to overtime pay from my employer?
- Getting temporarily laid off
- I told a contractor I wasn't going to renew her contract. Should I have put it in writing?
- Options for alternative work arrangements
- Requesting flexible work
- Self-employment: Going into business for yourself
- Taking a vacation
- Taking sick days
- Who's covered by BC's employment standards law