We're looking to hire a lawyer to join our team as a legal content and webinar developer. Here's our job posting.
Legal Content and Webinar Developer — Contract Position
People’s Law School, a leader in public legal education in British Columbia, is looking to hire a recently-called lawyer (up to three years’ experience) to help develop information and education for the public. This role combines the experience of a lawyer familiar with client needs with legal writing for the public and a keen interest in using technology to educate and inform. A particular focus for the position is the development and delivery of webinars on law-related topics for the public and the organizations who help them.
People's Law School is a non-profit society dedicated to making the law accessible to everyone. Our vision is a province where people have the knowledge, skills and attitudes to resolve everyday legal matters.
As Legal Content and Webinar Developer, you will:
- Develop practical information for the public to help them avoid or resolve legal problems. You will identify common legal problems in areas of legal need, explain the law in plain language, develop step-by-step guidance on how to deal with the problem, and identify options for help.
- Post and edit pages on the website as part of a team of lawyers and editors.
- Respond to the public’s questions on the law by providing relevant information (not legal advice) directly and via postings to the website.
- Monitor trends in the law and legal needs in selected legal topic areas and share updates with others on the team.
- Develop — in tandem with People's Law School management — and execute a clearly defined webinar program strategy.
- Plan, coordinate and execute all webinar programs and initiatives.
- Conduct and analyze research to identify webinar opportunities.
- Develop and implement guidelines and protocols for conducting webinars.
- Create, maintain and execute a webinar schedule.
- Recruit and work with webinar volunteer speakers to develop webinars that follow protocols.
- Develop and execute webinar marketing initiatives.
- Review presentation materials and offer feedback to speakers.
- Offer training to speakers and organize pre-webinar planning call(s).
- Post webinar surveys, polls and act as moderator (if necessary).
- Record webinar sessions and edit audio for on-demand webinars.
- Develop benchmark criteria to measure the effectiveness of the webinar program and implement improvements, as required.
- Measure the success of each webinar and report results to managers.
- Maintain database with speakers and subject matter experts.
- Law degree from an accredited law school
- Up to three years’ experience as a practicing lawyer
- Excellent writing, editing and online research skills
- Comfortable working in Google Docs environment
- Comfortable making presentations to groups
- Knowledge and understanding of webinar technology
- Experience with event management and marketing is a plus
- Proficient with social media tools such as Twitter and Facebook
- Ability to be a proactive communicator
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Must be organized, self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Experience in writing for the public and in plain language is a plus
This is a contract position, with the possibility of renewal. This position is based in Vancouver.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please forward us your resume, link to your LinkedIn page and cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is November 4, 2019.