Do you feel respected in your job? Are there issues at your workplace that make you uncomfortable? All workers in BC have certain legal rights that protect them at work. On the flip side, they also have certain responsibilities towards their employer.
We've published five new pages on your rights at work:
- Your Employment Contract: Every worker has an employment contract, one of the most important agreements you’ll ever enter into.
- Your Responsibilities to Your Employer: Learn about the duties you owe to your employer.
- Your Privacy Rights at Work: You're entitled to a certain amount of privacy on the job.
- Your Employer's Duty to Accommodate You: Employers have a duty to remove barriers that cause workers to be negatively affected due to personal characteristics.
- If You're Discriminated Against at Work: Under the law, your employer must not treat you unfairly because of who you are.