You are here

Hours of Work and Working Overtime - Deal with the problem

Deal with the problem

Step 1. Discuss the situation with your employer

If you don’t think you received the overtime pay you’re entitled to, first bring up the issue with your employer. Compare your own record of the hours you worked with theirs. Ask them to explain how they calculated your overtime pay. 

Step 2. Start a claim with the Employment Standards Branch

If you can’t solve the problem directly with your employer, you can bring your complaint to the provincial government. The Employment Standards Branch is the office responsible for administering the legislation that protects employees in the province. For the steps to take to file a claim, see our guidance on what to do if your employer hasn’t paid you, under the “Deal with the problem” section.